Dr Meredith Grey: I want facts, and until I get them, my pants are staying on.
Dr. Derek Shepherd: Or you could just roll with it, be flexible. See what happens.
Dr. Meredith Grey: I'm not flexible.
Dr. Derek Shepherd: Now there, I disagree.
--Grey's Anatomy, "Save Me" (5/15/05)
- I have several small scars that you have to look carefully to see: Forehead, pinky, right foot. Ask me real pretty and I'll tell you where they came from.
- There are a couple of dozen things on the walls in this house. I think I like about three of them.
- I was born at 5:20 PM. My birthday will be on Super Bowl Sunday in 2012. That game will be played in Indianapolis, where I've never been.
- It's fun being both smart AND funny. And, uh, modest.
- I haven't been out of the country since I was fifteen. That year I managed to do it twice.
- I'm a horrific snob when it comes to pizza and bagels. I'm also kind of fussy about french fries.
- People invariably have something to say when they see my signature. The best part is watching them try to dope out my last name, which doesn't appear.
7a. The story behind my signature: I used to have a rather nice signature until I worked at Record World. Everything that you sent to the main office had to have your signature on it. Naturally, I'd wait until the end of the day to take care of this, so I'd have to sign about twenty-five different items. It got so I'd just dash off my name in about one second just to get it over with, and I never got out of the habit. My signature, by the way, is just my first name.
- I used to be a trusting person but I've been burned once too many times.
- Concerts I've attended include Foreigner, Allman Brothers (twice), Lucinda Williams, Billy Joel, Radiohead and Tool. This isn't a comprehensive list but it's pretty eclectic, isn't it?
- I wasn't in the mosh pit at Tool but I was close enough to get knocked about a few times.
- I rarely untie my shoes when I take them off.
- I like a lot of foods and drinks that GF doesn't. Sometimes this puts a crimp in my own eating and drinking habits. For instance, I don't drink nearly as much wine as I'd like.
- I'm a closet karaoke junkie. I don't get to do this nearly as often as I'd like, either. Some people think I sound a little like Tom Petty. I can't tell whether they're complimenting me or not.
- I still enjoy listening to Bob Shannon on WCBS-FM, thanks to the Internet.
- I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of being dead. Nonexistence sucks.
- Dragonlady wasn't bullshitting about sneezing when she's full. I've seen her do it. Wait, not everyone's seen that post. Let me give you another: I sneeze a lot more since I got my sinuses fixed.
- I'm definitely a night owl. Naturally, this crashes into the fact that I'm supposed to be at work at 8:00.
17a. I'm rarely at work by 8:00.
- My blood type is A Positive. I usually donate at least twice a year but this has been a very sick year for me. With any luck I'll be more active in that arena this year.
- The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I was a little bit of a jerk in high school. Any former classmates, feel free to confirm or deny.
- I have never dated the same name twice. That is, of all the women I've dated, no two share the same first name. (Picture came from here, by the way.)
- I really want to see the world but I don't want to do it in one-week bites.
- I love road trips. It's the journey at least as much as the destination.
- I am the absolute worst at remembering people's names. Worse, because I'm a visible type at work, everyone knows my name so they assume I know theirs. (Hint: don't bet on it.)
- If the technology comes along in my lifetime that makes it possible to access the Internet in your head, I'd probably be close to the front of the line. I LOVE having access to information.
- I was the school spelling champion when I was in sixth grade. I still have the clipping from the Daily News. (I lost at the county level. Oh, well.)
Do any of these surprise you? Confuse you? Answer some of your questions? Feel free to comment. I've bared my soul, here. Or something.